Sunday, December 21, 2008

Boise & the belly

Amy recently returned from a short trip out to Boise, Idaho, to watch her sister Emily perform in the Nutcracker, her first performance as a professional ballerina. While she was in Boise, I painted our nursery a light yellow. Fun! Amy enjoyed seeing Emily. She went out there with her parents. In case you're wandering why I let my pregnant wife fly by herself, my ticket went to purchasing a new water heater! Yeah! Oh well. And for those of you keeping score, that is 2 houses owned and 2 water heaters we've replaced. So, if you have a water heater that you want to kick the bucket, invite us over and we'll work our "lucky" magic!

On Friday we saw a glimpse into our future. We hung out with our friends Theresa and Andy. They have twins Maddie and Alex who just turned 8 months old. They are doing great! Cruising, sitting independently, pulling to stand . . . don't I sound like I live with a developmental PT? They are always on the move and so cute. My favorite part of the evening is when I walked into the door and they immediately started crying when they saw me and my wolf-man beard. Andy and Theresa are doing well. We sit next to them at Xavier games as we have season tickets with them. It's fun to go to the games and share so much of our lives with our good friends.

Today was cool. We opened our presents that we purchased for each other. Amy received a Vera Bradley diaper bag and matching purse (I had a lot of help picking it out from someone . . .), a Christmas music CD, and a portable DVD player. Amy gave me a picture of me running in the Chicago marathon, a new button-down work shirt from Eddie Bauer, and, the best present in the world, a Led Zeppelin greatest hits set on vinyl! It sounds great! Tonight, we had her mom, dad, and sister over for dinner. We used our china for I believe the 6th or 7th time since our wedding.

Merry Christmas to all of our friends and family. We miss our friends in Chicago, Seattle, St. Louis, Champaign, and everywhere in between.
Jeff and Amy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most definitely time for an update for your little brother!

Mike said...

How quickly you momentum has subsided! It’s been a whole month now and us lonely people way out in Seattle have no idea how you’re doing… I’m with your brother, time for an update!